Migrant Education Program
The ESU #1 Migrant Education Program (MEP) works to ensure that migrant children fully benefit from the same free public education provided to other children. To achieve this, the MEP supports educational programs for migrant children to help reduce the educational disruptions and other problems that result from repeated moves.
One of the MEP’s purposes is to ensure that the special educational needs of migrant children are identified and addressed. The MEP provides migrant students with the opportunity to meet the same challenging state academic content standards that all children are expected to meet. Our program promotes interstate and intrastate coordination of services for migrant children, providing for educational continuity through the timely transfer of pertinent school records.
MEP sponsors family literacy services for migrant children and their families.
- Heather Hackett – Migrant Education Service Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susana Valladares – Migrant Education Recruiter – email@example.com
- Laura Nuno – Migrant Ed Service Provider – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isaura Barreto – Norfolk Migrant Education Recruiter – email@example.com
- Lizbeth Delgado Dominguez – Migrant Ed Service Provider – firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further questions about Migrant Education in Nebraska can be answered by this brochure created by the Department of Education: