ESU #1 strives for continuous improvement
Educational Service Unit #1 strives to be a leader in all aspects of education. We continually examine our practices to determine if our mission and goals represent who we are as a partner to area school districts.
Our mission is to Provide Innovation, Leadership and Service. Our vision is to model excellence by helping schools increase educators’ effectiveness and student learning as a result of expert services.
As we reflect on who we are as a service agency, we value the professional staff we employ and our partners within the school districts of northeast Nebraska.
Just as school districts continuously review their data and practices, ESU #1 examines the services we provide to:
• Determine goals for each department that align with our agency goals.
• Gather data from a variety of sources including staff and the students, teachers, administrators, parents and communities we work with.
• Provide focus, guidance, and direction through the development of action plans.
• Implement strategies, gather resources, establish timelines, collect and analyze data, and evaluate our services.
The continuous improvement process allows us to:
• Prioritize and establish a clear vision of what we expect of ourselves.
• Integrate and coordinate departments, efforts and activities toward a common set of goals so as to maximize the impact of our work.
• Identify our strengths and areas of concern and provides the basis for data analysis and improvement planning.
• Continuously evaluate the data regarding our progress and the effectiveness of the work we are doing.
Together, with our schools, we continue to look for ways to improve instructional skills and student achievement. By continually examining who we are, we can narrow our focus to efforts that will have the greatest impact. ESU #1 takes pride in the success of its staff, students and the school districts we serve.